StangNet's Home PageStangNet ForumsShop StangNet's Online Parts StoreStangNet's Mustang ClassifiedsStangNet's Online Users Parts ReviewsContact Us for Support

User CP | Register | Calendar | Galleries | F.A.Q. | Members | Search | Logout  

StangNet Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 StangNet Forums > Mustang Boards > Classic Mustangs > Modern Driveline Conversion - Swapper
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
STSFCTN67

67 Mustang

Post Modern Driveline Conversion - Swapper

I used the Modern Driveline clutch cable conversion for a T5 and have a question on adjustment. When I push the clutch pedal to the floor , it stays on the floor. I try to adjust the clutch so that the pedal does not go all the way to the floorboard and then the clutch will not engage when the pedal is released. Is there just one return spring for the entire setup?

I think I did everything by the website but I just can not get the cable adjusted correctly. The instructions say to use the adjustment at the firewall but I thought I could get into the ballpark at least and then use the firewall for fine-tune adjustments.

Right now the car is not running but I know the clutch is not engaging because when I push it in gear it moves. When I adjust it out, I can't push the car but the pedal stays on the floorboard.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

STSFCTN67 is offline Old Post 04-27-03 11:21 PM
Profile   Send PM   Email   Search   Add Buddy  Edit   quote
STSFCTN67

67 Mustang

I ended up emailing Modern Driveline and I am waiting on their response. I think I may be tightening and loosening the clutch cable too much on the extreme side and need to find a happy medium.

Does anyone else who has done a clutch cable conversion had problems with the clutch pedal location in relation to the brake pedal?? - Does it line up close??

STSFCTN67 is offline Old Post 04-28-03 05:52 PM
tomstir
Stallion

65 fastback 64 falcon SD 64 sprint

I don't recall ANY springs in the kit. What spring are you refering to?

tomstir is offline Old Post 05-02-03 06:51 AM
Profile   Send PM   Search   Add Buddy  Edit   quote
Superfiveo

I remember reading somthing about this in a HotRod mag, guy had the same problem in a falcon, the clutch pedal sticking to the floor. they said they were moving the pressure plate too far. They ended up putting a 2x4 underneith the clutch pedal too keep it from moving so much, they were at the track at the time.

sounds like the same problem so I would try adjusting it some more when the car is running.

Last edited by Superfiveo on 05-02-03 at 09:41 AM

Superfiveo is offline Old Post 05-02-03 09:39 AM
Profile   Send PM   Email   Search   Add Buddy     Send an AIM message to Superfiveo Edit   quote
STSFCTN67

67 Mustang

I got in touch with Modern Driveline (quick response) and found out the return spring under the dash needed to be removed also. It's slick as butter now.

STSFCTN67 is offline Old Post 05-02-03 11:50 AM
tomstir
Stallion

65 fastback 64 falcon SD 64 sprint

Cool. That's why I was asking about the spring.

Tomstir

tomstir is offline Old Post 05-05-03 07:04 AM
Profile   Send PM   Search   Add Buddy  Edit   quote