Fanfics: Under a Sakura Tree: Alternate Ending "Under a Sakura Tree: Alternate Ending"

Author notes: Yes, I made an alternate ending, just incase you guys didn't like how it normally ending. And I bet you didn't. Actually, I was writing the fic when I got this idea. I didn't know which way to end it, sad-ish, or happy-ish. I ended with the sad-ish one, but you still get to read the happy-ish one. This takes place after Botan confesses to Yusuke but finds out that he is asleep.

-+- Alternate ending -+-

~*~ Yusuke POV ~*~

You know that strange mode you're in when you think you're asleep but could hear everything around you? Well, I'm in that state now.

Botan has just confessed her love to me. Well I always thought she liked me like that... So now what? I can't tell her that I don't love her like that. Because that's not true. She has captured a small part of my heart. I do love her like that, but my love for Keiko is stronger.

"I think I should wake him up now."

I heard movements. I feel her prescence in front of me. I openned one of my eyes. Yep, there she is.

I quickly leaned in and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"WAH!" She yelped and fell on her back.

~*~ Botan POV ~*~

I blushed as I lay there on the grass.

"Hey, are you alright?" Yusuke said hovering over.

"Yeah, yeah I guess."

He held out a hand to help me. I eyed it for a moment, then hesitately, I took his hand and he pulled me up.

"Hey there you guys are!" We both turned our heads to see Hinageshi. "Come on, it's your turn to sing Botan!"

"Come on, lets go." Yusuke said and we ran up to catch up with Hinageshi. I blushed as I realized we were still holding hands. He released it and snatched the microphone that Kuwa-chan was holding.

"Urameshi! I was going to sing a duet with Yukina-san! Right, Yukina-san?" Yukina just smiled like she usually does.

"Well too bad, I'm singing a duet with Botan." Yusuke said slyly.

I blinked, then pointed to myself. "Me?"

"Well, I don't see any other Botan present, so yeah, you."

He chose a song and the music started.

Yusuke winked at me. I blinked then smiled at him.

-+- Owari -+-

Author's note again: See? Wasn't that a bit much happy-er than the other one? Well in my opinion, yeah. Though, when I think about it, this Yusuke it oo OOC. He's all, happy-like, and not sleepy-like in the other one. Ah well. Review please and tell me which ending you like better. Eep... I forgot that Keiko was there... What would she be saying?

-------------------------

Back to Under a Sakura Tree

Back to FanFics