A Bench in the Park- Chapter 6 A Bench in the Park-chapter 6

"Blah"- Speech 'Blah'- Thoughts

-------------------------

A figure in a pink kimono sits alone on a park bench. Only a few minutes has passed since Keiko has left to confront Yusuke, and Botan hasn't moved from the bench. It saddened her to hear that her friends' relationship were to be discontinued. Yet, deep inside of her heart, she felt a spark of hope. Hope that the man she has fallen in love with, would love her back. Botan replayed all her moments with Yusuke in her mind, which included the ice cream moment. When she thought about it, the bench she currently occupied was the one Yusuke and her had been on yesterday. Her face flushed at the thought of those memories. 'Will I ever get that close to him again?' Botan propped her head against her hands and frowned. 'Probably not...' Her eyes roamed around the park when she spotted the familiar figure of a certain Spirit Detective. He had his hands stuffed in his jean pockets and he was obviously angry about something. Botan got up from the bench and silently followed him.

Yusuke mumbled something about Keiko . He paused for a few seconds to scan his surroundings. He raised his eyebrow, wondering why he had gone to the park. He continued his trek in silence, then stopped again. Yusuke stood in front of the swings, sand beneath his feet. He eyed the swaying child's entertainment for a moment before he made his way towards a swing. He placed one of his feet on the seat, then his other, not caring if the sand on his shoes made it impossible to sit. Slowly, he swayed back and forth. The sound of the swing squeaked in a rhythmic pattern. Too preoccupied with his thoughts, he never heard the person approach him until it was too late.

"Hi Yusuke!" Botan slapped him in the back.

Yusuke fell forward and got a face full of sand. Botan knelt down next to him and she heard him growl.

"Oops... Did I surprise you?"

Yusuke gets up and brushed the sand off his clothes. "No, I just decided to fall off..." His voice dripping with sarcasm.

Botan gets up from her crouching position. "So, what are you doing here?"

Instead of giving her an answer, he swerved around and headed back for the swing, his face a bit hard to read.

Botan bit her bottom lip. 'Well, what do you think you've been talking to Keiko about? Instead of helping him, I'm making it worse.' She made her way over to him. Yusuke was back on the swing but was obviously not in the mood for swaying. Botan watched him from the space between his swing and the next. There was a few moments of silence.

"I'm sorry." She whispered softly but was loud enough for his to hear.

He shrugged. "It's just sand..."

Botan shook her head. "No, its not about that."

Yusuke suddenly jumped off the swing. "What's this about then?"

"I know about what happened between you and Keiko..."

His expression changed. "Oh... That..."

"That's why you're here isn't it?"

"Well, kinda..." He puts his hand behind his neck.

"Yusuke, you don't have to pretend. You don't have to bottle up all those emotions."

"Wait, what?!" His arms flailing about in the air.

"Aren't you upset about Keiko?"

"I guess I should be, but I'm not..."

Botan sits on a swing. "Seriously? You're not sad or anything?"

"Not really..."

"Aren't you upset about what Keiko did?"

"Uh... She didn't really tell me what she did."

"Well, maybe that's why you're not moping..."

Yusuke frowned and placed his hands on his hips. "Hey, I wouldn't mope even if she did tell me what she did. Hey, you know what she did, what did she do?"

"I can't tell you that Yusuke, I promised Keiko that she would tell you."

He stepped in front of Botan. "Come on, what's the difference if you told me and if she told me."

"There's a big difference." She shot back.

Yusuke leaned down so that they were face to face. "Please?"

Botan leans back and falls over with her feet still hanging on the swing. "Yusuke! Look what you made me do!"

He doesn't look at her. "Well sor-ry..."

She waved her hand in the air. "You gonna help me up or what?"

Yusuke grabs her hand and pulls her up so that she sits on the swing. Instead of stopping there, he yanks her off the swing so that she stands up. Not realizing his own strength, Yusuke pulled a little too hard which caused Botan to knock him over. He lands with his back against the sand and she lying on top of him. The ponytailed girl flushes at their position and attempts to get up. Without warning, Yusuke wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her back down. This time, her chin rests on his shoulder with her chest pressed against his. Botan could feel her heart pounding madly.

She heard Yusuke whisper in her ear. "I like feeling your body so close to mine."

Thwap! Botan stood up gripping her oar tightly. She could feel her ears burn so she turned around, avoiding him. 'Not that I don't like being that close to him. It's just, why does he have to be so perverted sometimes.' She turned back around to yell at him, but Yusuke was nowhere to be found.

"Hi Botan!" Yusuke clamped his hands down onto her waist.

Botan used all her will power to not yell or wack him again. She turned around once more so that she faced him. Yusuke flashes her his cheeky grin. She responds by frowning and glaring at him.

He smirks. "Payback for pushing me off the swing."

Botan crosses her arms and continues to glare at him. Her glare soften then her arms drop back to her sides. She looks away from him and let out a sigh.

"Yusuke, I've been meaning to tell you something..."

She felt his hands on her shoulder. Botan doesn't move from her position. Yusuke gets her attention by cupping a side of her face in his hand. He leans forward so that their foreheads are touching and their lips were just as close. She didn't need a mirror to tell that she was blushing.

"Y-Yusuke?"

"You like me don't you?"

She smiles weakly. "Of course I like you Yusuke, you're my friend."

"I don't mean as a friend, I meant as more than that."

Botan swallowed but didn't answer.

He brushes a strand of hair away from her face. "You wont mind if I kiss you then right?"

She blinked several times. "Eh?"

Yusuke slides his hands from her shoulders down to her waist. " 'cause I like you too. And not just like a friend."

Botan was stunned by what she had just heard. 'Is this actually happening?' Well, she certainly hoped so. Yusuke tipped his head to the side. She could feel his lips slowly brush against her's until they were in full contact with each other. She felt a bit awkward so she cautiously placed her arms on his shoulders. Yusuke licked his lips without breaking contact with Botan. She broke away from the kiss with reluctance. Her eyes fluttered opened to meet with Yusuke's brown orbs. The warm smile he gave her made her heart skip a beat. Botan rested her head against his chest, she could hear his heart pound against her ear. Yusuke placed his chin on her head and inhaled the flowery scent of her hair.

-------------------------

Yay... I finally finished chapter 6. I was brain dead for a whole week. I don't even think it turned out so good. Yusuke seems really OOC and so does Botan. I hate this chapter...

-------------------------

<<< Chapter 5

Chapter 7 >>>

Back to FanFics