Based off a song by 98degrees

By: LeaMarie

Disclaimer: I don't own them. Never said I did.

Authors note: I did do a little research on this one, but it was late/early, so needless to say I wasn't to awake while I was typing this out. And I also did a little guessing for the things that I couldn't find so not every thing's accurate. This will make more sense after you read the story.

Ash, Misty, and Brock were walking down a dirt path when they saw a pokémon center. Ash took off running like it was the end of the world. Brock sighed and walk slowly after him. Misty couldn't help but think how cute Ash looked when he was hyper. Which was most of the time. Brock noticed that she wasn't following. "Are you coming?" He asked her.

"Yeah!" she said snapping out of her trance. When they arrived at the pokémon center, Ash was already handing over his pokémon, to an odd looking nurse Joy. This Joy had blue hair and green eyes.

Brock automatically went into the oh-my-god-a-pretty-girl routine. "Nurse Joy, you're the prettiest Joy of them all. Will you go out with me?" The "nurse" took one look at the way Brock was looking "her" and started screaming.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh! Get away from me you little pervert!" The voice was incredibly male. Both Ash and Misty looked at each other. Brock who was now hanging on "her" legs.

"Jessie, get him off me! He's trying to look up my skirt!" Suddenly Brock was unconscious. Jessie who had appeared out of no where had knocked him out.

"No one touches my partner but me!" Now that made Misty and Ash look at each other again.

"Jessie, you do care," Who we all know is James said.

"Haven't we already been through this?" Misty asked.

"Just hand over the damn pikachu," James replied.

"Ok, we've done this how many times and you still think I'll just hand him over?" Ash asked. Ash sighed. "Pikachu thunder wave!" Team Rocket went flying out a nearby window.

"Well we got that taken care of, we should go find the REAL Nurse Joy." Misty said. Ash nodded his head, and proceeded to follow Misty.

"Should we just leave Brock there?" He asked her.

"I think he'll be fine," Misty replied looking at the nervous Ash.

***

They searched every room. Finally, there was one last place to look. The Woman's Rest Room. Misty looked at Ash. "Come in with me?" She asked him.

"What!? You want me to go into the woman's rest room!?" He asked shocked. Misty nodded her head, and gave him the please-come-with-me-I'm-scared look. Now how could Ash resist that? After all, she was his crush. Ash sighed and said. "Ok, fine. I'll go in with you." Misty smiled. Knowing full well that she was going to get her way.



Ash on the other hand couldn't believe he was following her into the ladies rest room. He feared going in there since he was little and his mother took him out. She always brought him into the ladies, where the women made a big fuss over how he was so cute. Misty pushed open the door and walked in with Ash close behind her. He was so close that Misty could feel his breath on the back of her neck. She sighed with happiness. Ash could smell Misty's perfume.



"Wow, that's a great sent," Ash thought to himself. Pikachu on the other hand had a hard time not laughing. It was exactly the kinda thing that they would do. They heard a soft muffled shrike. They found Nurse Joy tied up and gagged. In a matter of moments they had her free.



"Are those two still here?" Nurse Joy asked with fear in her voice.

"No, Ash's Pikachu took care of them." Misty said with a note of pride in her voice.



"Pika!" Pikachu said excitedly. Joy smiled at them.


"You must be Misty and Ash. I've heard a lot about you from my sisters and cousins," She

explained. Joy lead them out of the bathroom and took them to the front desk, where she saw Brock still unconscious. "It looks like some one finally decided to stop his endless womanizing," Joy commented. Ash looked at her with confusion in his eyes. "My family also told me about him," She explained.


"Pika!" Joy took Pikachu and the rest of Ash and Misty's pokémon.


"I'll get his later." She told them motioning to Brock. Misty and Ash walked around the room, taking care not to step on Brock. Joy walked out of the back room with the fully restored pokémon.


Suddenly the videophone rang. Joy walked over and answered it. It was Officer Jenny.

"Joy, there was an accident, a lot of pokémon were hurt."


"Bring them right over!" Joy ordered. As soon as the phone was off, she turned to Ash and Misty who had been listening closely. "I'm going to need some help," Joy said to the two young trainers .

"We'll help. And I'm sure as soon as Brock wakes up, he'll help." Misty said, jumping at the chance to help the pokémon. Ash looked shocked. She hadn't been this excited to do something in a long time.


Brock woke up a few minutes later, just as the pokémon were being rushed in. Misty hurriedly told Brock what was happening. He also jumped at the chance to help out. After all, he did want to be the best pokémon breeder.


They were busy the entire day. Some of the pokémon weren't hurt but needed to be comforted. Ash had worked next to Misty all day. He couldn't believe how hard she had worked. And she'd never been nicer to him. She had never looked so happy.


After all the pokémon had been taken care of, Ash, Misty, and Brock got ready for bed. Nurse Joy knocked on the door. "Come in!" Ash called. Joy poked her head in the room.

"Can I please talk with Misty for a moment?" She asked. Misty stood up and walked out of the room. After a few moments, Misty came in looking a little confused.


"What did she want?" Brock asked noticing the look of her face.


"She wants me to stay here." She said softly. Ash almost passed out.


"What!? Are you going to?!" He more a less yelled.


"I don't know. She wants me to think about it first," She said, looking into Ash's eyes. Brock almost started laughing at the way Misty was searching his eyes. He knew that she liked him and he also knew that Ash like her. Brock wished that they would just tell each other.


Ash seemed satisfied with that answer, and climbed into bed. Misty looked at Ash. She had a worried look on her face. Brock knew that she wouldn't stay. She'd follow Ash to the ends of the earth even if she got her bike back. Brock sighed and climbed into his bunk.


Later that night, Brock heard a soft rustling sound. He sat up and saw that Ash had gotten up. Brock decided to follow Ash and see if he was ok. He found Ash leaning up agents the front desk. "Are you ok?" Brock asked.


"I don't know. I saw the way Misty worked and how happy it made her." He said thinking.


"I want her to do something that she loves," Ash said looking up at Brock.


"You know she won't stay," Brock replied.


"Why wouldn't she?" Ash asked, proving how dense he really can be. Brock looked at him.


"You really don't know?" Ash shook his head. "She likes you. That's why she's following you." Ash looked stunned. "She won't stay if she thinks that there's a chance with you," Brock said.


Ash looked at Brock. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Misty likes me?!" He thought to himself. He looked at Brock again. Brock nodded his head as if to read Ash's mind. Ash thought for a few minutes. "I'm going back to bed," Ash announced, to Brock who'd already started walking towards the bunk room. Ash followed him in.


By that afternoon, Misty had made up her mind. She was going to continue her journey with Ash. It was a great opportunity, but she cared too much for Ash. And besides, she could always follow her dreams later. Couldn't she? She decided to tell Ash first. She found him near the water fountain filling up a glass. "Um...Ash? Can I talk to you?" She asked nervously.

Ash took a deep breath and turned around to face her. He knew that this was important.

"Sure! What you want to talk about?" He asked, trying not to let his feelings enter his voice.


"I've decided not to take the job," Misty replied in one breath.


"You have to, Misty. You love it don't you?" He asked her. Not wanting her to stay at the center.


"Yeah, I love it, but...I want to stay with you," She said glancing away.


"If you're worried about not getting your bike back, don't be. I'll make good on my word," Ash said, trying to sound clueless.


"Ash that's not why I want to continue with you," Misty said, glancing at him.


"Then why would you want to go with me?" Ash asked.



"Ash...this is even harder to say Ash...I...love you!" Misty cried. Those were the words Ash had always wanted to here.


## It's the hardest thing I'll ever have to do

To look you in the eye

And tell you I don't love you

It's the hardest thing I'll ever have to lie

To show no emotion when you start to cry ##



"Oh," Was all he said. He was having a hard time not hugging her and telling her how he felt about her. "I can't let you see what you mean to me," Flashed through his mind. "Misty, I don't...like you that way."


Misty's face went from nervous to heart broken. "You don't feel the same way?" She asked, trying to make sense of why.


"If he doesn't love me, then why was he always watching me? Why did he say he did in his sleep?"


"No, Misty, I don't." Misty's eyes over flowed. She took off running. She didn't care where she went, she just had to get away.


Brock and Pikachu had been watching the whole thing. Brock came out a put a hand on Ash's shoulder and Pikachu jumped up on to Ash's hat.


"Are you going to be ok?" Brock asked.


"No," Ash answered, looking after Misty. Ash sighed, handed Pikachu to Brock, and walked to the bunk room. All he wanted was to be alone. Brock decided that being alone would be the best thing for both Ash and Misty.


***


Misty sat at the foot of a large tree, sobbing hard. She'd been almost certain that Ash had felt the same way she had. After all, he did say so every night when he was asleep. Misty sat there for a few minutes. "Now what should I do?" she asked herself. "I'd always pictured me and Ash together," Misty thought starting to cry harder. After about an hour Misty was torn between taking the job and throwing herself of a cliff. Suddenly she thought of Togepi. Who would take care of it?


"I guess I'll take the job," Misty thought to herself. She whipped the tears from her face and walked into the center.


***


The next morning Ash and Brock were ready to go. They stood in front Joy and Misty. "Thanks for everything, Nurse Joy," Ash cried.

"Your welcome, Ash. I'll let you kids be alone for a moment," She replied turning on her heels.


Brock looking a little embarrassed reached forward and gave Misty a hug. "Take care of yourself kid," He said releasing her.


##And baby it's killing me, it's killing you

Both of us trying to be strong##

"Thanks. You too." There was moment of silence, when Misty looked at Ash.


"I guess this good bye," Misty said sadly.


"Yep. Don't worry I'll get your bike back to you," Ash said as cheerfully as he could. He turned and walked away quickly. "I'll miss you my love," Ash said under his breath.


"What Ash?" Misty asked not hearing what he said.


"Nothing," Ash said never turning around.


##I can't let you see what you mean to me

When my hands are tied and my heart's not free##


When Ash and Brock were out of earshot she said softly, "I wish would have told you sooner."


Brock looked over at Ash after the center had gotten out of view. Ash's hat was coving his eyes, but could tell that Ash was crying. "Who knows, maybe you'll meet up again some day." Ash could only nod his head.


***


One month later:

Ash and Brock were walking down a dirt path. Brock was worried about Ash. He'd barley said anything. And he was getting a little thin form not eating much. He'd been

tossing and tuning all night, keeping Brock awake, and when he finally did get some sleep Ash talked constantly about Misty. When they were fighting Team Rocket Ash didn't make the usually smart alack comments. Ash was defiantly depressed.


Suddenly they heard the pounding of feet behind them. Ash and Brock turned to see who was coming. Ash was suddenly on his butt. "Why did you that!?" Some one screamed at him. He looked up to see the very angry eyes of Misty.


"Misty! What are you doing here?" He asked confused.


"Why did you lie to me about how you felt!?" She yelled at him.


"What!? Brock did you tell her!?" He demanded.


"No," Brock said.


Ash turned towards Misty. "Who told you that?" He asked calming down a bit.


"Jessie and James," She replied.


"How would they know?" He demanded.


"They here you talking in your sleep. The only reason they came back and told me, was so you'd shut up so they could get some sleep!" Misty yelled at him.


Ash decided to tell her how he felt with actions. He reached forward, put one arm around her waist and one around shoulders, and pulled her into a deep kiss. Misty wrapped her arms around his neck. They stood there for a few moments, until Ash broke the kiss.


"Misty? Why aren't you at the pokémon center?"


"I decided that yes it's what I want to do, but not if I can't at least see you. Then when Team Rocket told me about what you saying in you sleep I had to come see if it was true," Misty said with tears of happiness in her eyes.


Ash looked into her eyes. "Misty, it's true. I love you," Ash admitted. Misty leaned forward and started kissing him. Ash soon stated to kiss her harder. Misty not to be out done kissed him even harder. Brock seeing what was going on decided it was time to break them up. Pikachu must have had the same idea, 'cuz he gave both of them a thunder shocked.


They fell over, Misty landing on top of Ash. The kiss still not broken.


"Awa man, this intense. And I don't think it's for time Togepi to learn where babies come form yet" Brock said to Pikachu.


"Chuu," He agreed. Pikachu knew where babies came from but didn't want to see it in action.

Brock picked up the stunned Togepi and Pikachu and walked off.


***


A few hours later they came back. Misty was just snapping on her suspenders, and Ash was just zipping up his fly. Misty's hair was more disheveled then usual. Ash's cloths were very rumpled.


"Did you two have fun?" Brock said mischievously.


"Shut up Brock," Ash said grinning. They gathered their gear together and set off.