i

Toddler's Bedtime Story

My 2 year old likes a bedtime story every night, and she always asks for one about either Teletubbies or G-Force. Problem is, bedtime stories need to be quite calming and G-Force tends to be more about action and adventure and fighting. So this dull little tale is one of the ones that she gets to fall asleep in the middle of. It's not classic G-Force, but it's suitable for a 2 year old. And I like to think that 7-Zark-7 would like it, in principle.

One day, Zark saw something on his screens. "Oh dear, I need to send G-Force to sort that out", he said.

So he called G-Force, and they got in the Phoenix and went out of Center Neptune and travelled under the sea. They saw lots of colourful fish and coral out of the windows, and they went faster and faster until they splashed out of the sea and began to fly through the sky.

They flew for a long time until they got to an island. It had mountains covered with trees in the middle, and beaches and sea all round it, and lots of places to buy ice-cream. G-Force split up so that they could search for a monster on the island. Mark went to the airport to look for the monster, Jason drove his car all round the island looking for the monster, Tiny went to the harbours to look for the monster, and Princess and Keyop searched around the town, but none of them could find the monster. They all had lots of ice-cream though.

G-Force called Zark. "We can't find the monster, do you know where else it might be? We've looked at the airport, at the harbour, all round the roads and in the town."

"Perhaps it's hiding in the mountains or in the sea", said Zark.

So Mark, Jason and Tiny went to look for the monster in the mountains and Princess and Keyop went to look at the sea. Mark hired a plane to fly over the mountains, Jason hired a jeep to drive along the mountain passes, and Tiny went to ask at all the remote farms. But they couldn't find the monster. Keyop went to all the beaches and dug big holes in the sand, but he couldn't find the monster. And Princess hired a speedboat and looked all around the coast, and did a bit of sunbathing, but she couldn't find the monster either.

So G-Force called Zark again. "We still can't find the monster and we've looked all over the island now. We're stumped. Can you help us?"

And Zark said, "Well, actually, there isn't a monster this time. I just thought that island would be a lovely place for you to have a holiday. And I've heard that they make the best ice-cream in the galaxy. And you were due for some R & R anyway. I hope you've been having a nice time. Zoltar's not here and nobody's begging for you to come back yet, so you can stay a while longer if you like."

"Oh, that Zark", said Mark, and they all laughed. And they did stay a while longer, and they had a lovely holiday with lots of ice-cream and playing on the beach.
 

Return to main page