After episode 4x20:

Never, Never Surrender
by
24rocks


"Do you love her?"

I held my breath.

But all he did was stare deep into my eyes, and slowly start to move his head.

"No."

Breathy whisper.

My breath caught in my throat as I struggled to contain the sob trying to escape. I could feel tears filing my eyes, and knew he would see them.

"Ms. Dessler," came Edgar's voice.

I turned and gave him quick directions, but when I glanced back at Tony, all I saw were those chocolate brown pools staring directly back at me.

I love YOU.

I could tell he was going to say it, had we not be interrupted, longed to hear those words form on his lips.

He was standing so close to me, the closest he had been in months. I could feel heat radiating from his body, which did nothing but remind me of times laying naked in warm arms. His warm arms.

The only ones I ever wanted to be surrounded by, to sink into.

I forced my muscles to move, felt instead of saw his glance down then at me, pulling in my tears only he had the ability to see.

*******************************

Four hours later, I could finally breathe again. Marwan had been caught, and his attempt to launch a nuclear warhead failed.

"Good job Jack," I said, as everybody gathered around, having been working tirelessly to catch this guy.

I took out my ear piece and dropped it on the desk, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"Congratulations everyone," said Bill, taking over.

I took the opportunity to slip out, heading down the hall to one of the benches in the hall. I sat down facing the opposite direction from where I had come; I just needed a moment.

Before I knew it I felt a tear falling down my face, and then another. I wiped them away quickly, but for some reason, they just kept coming.

I missed him.

I couldn't help it. I just did. I instantly knew the hand on my shoulder. Quickly turning around, I wiped my eyes and managed some degree of composure.

"What do you need Tony?"

Not at all professional, more quiet.

"Are you alright?" he asked in that low voice.

I could imagine him laying next to me, whispering in the dark of the night in that very voice.

I shut my eyes for a second longer than a blink, trying to stop the tears threatening to spill.

"I'm fine thanks," I smiled.

Tony looked at me with a tilt of the head and crinkle of the brow as if to say 'I know you better than that'.

I shrugged.

"It's just been a long day," I said.

"Yeah," he said, scratching the side of his face.

Awkward silence as he glanced up at my face.

"Michelle," he started.

Brown eyes faced the ground, then finally my face.

"What I said before, um, about Jen. I don't love her," he said firmly but nervously.

The lump was back in my throat; I couldn't breathe.

Silence echoed.

"I'm still in love with you," he breathed.

A breathy sob escaped my throat, tears filling my eyes as I stared at him.

I love you Tony.

He turned sideways from my view, nervous.

"Um, I'm sorry, I guess it's not really my right to say that to you anymore and-"

I grabbed the front of his shirt and turned him back to me while pulling him to me.

Bliss.

Mouths met in long denied desirous passion. I could smell him. Not alcohol but him, Tony. I could feel those fingers on my face, pulling me closer to him. Felt the scratch of his stubble against my cheek, the smooth of skin I had once known every inch of, on mine. Lips teasing mine apart, soft and wet.

Must have this always.

And suddenly I could breathe again.

Suck my breath in a gasp at his kiss, satisfied sigh into his mouth as one arm wrapped around my waist, other hand holding my neck, feeling my face.

So many times we did this, have done this, will do this.

Maybe no end…

I can feel familiarity with my fingertips.

He pulled back.

"I never stopped loving you," I whispered, in answer to his previous statement.

This dead weight seemed to lift off my shoulders. Fathomless dark eyes; it's finally clear.

Never without you again.

"Michelle," he breathed, eyes shut, forehead nudge mine.

"What about 'Jen'?"

Question can't be avoided.

"Like I said, I love you."

He'll leave her, we could be together, live the rest of our life together, the life that had been interrupted would get back on course.

"I love you Tony," I managed, pulling his lips back to mine.

Everything will be fine.

My muscles move without force for the first time in months:

Graze, tilt, move, lick, kiss…

Forever make my body move in sync with his. Never without his unconscious control of every muscle in my body.

Never surrender.